My Self

 


I am CJ Diane Calamaya Beto, a 21-year-old. I am currently living in Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Mayorga, Leyte. I was born on September 24, 2001. I am the firstborn child in a family of six. I believe that every one of us has a unique and interesting life story, but in my case, I guess there is nothing interesting about me. I am just a simple person. My hobby is dancing. Back when I was in high school, I used to join dance competitions in our school and dance intermissions whenever there was a school-based program or event in our school. I also like singing, especially in our comfort room. Although I don’t have a so-called golden voice, I still like singing. I also like watching Korean dramas, and I am very addicted to it. Moreover, I am both an extrovert and an introvert. I am shy whenever I am around with people whom I don’t know, but I am different when I’m with people I know, like my family and friends. I like jokes, and it makes me happy. I also like to travel and go on outings with my family or friends. I like taking selfies. The only thing that I don’t like about myself is that I am sensitive; my close friends know that. I easily cry and get emotional. I don’t like when someone is joking about my insecurities; it hurts me a lot because, back when I was in elementary school, I was bullied because of my teeth, which has caused me to lose my confidence, especially when speaking in front of the crowd. Until now, I have been building my confidence.

As a person, I am very sympathetic. For instance, whenever I am traveling from home to school using the bus, when there is no vacant seat, I would always give my seat, especially to old people, because as a person who’s still in her 20s, I shouldn’t just be looking at old people standing inside the bus and doing nothing, knowing they already don’t have much strength and anytime they might fall inside the bus. Also, when I see beggars in the street, I feel so sorry for them, and it hurts me to see them in that situation. Moreover, I am a very grateful person for all the blessings that I and my family receive, as well as for my small wins or achievements.

As a child, I really respect my parents. I don’t do things that they don’t like. Whenever I leave home, I always tell them where I am going. I also do my duties inside our house, which are to help with household chores. I honestly do general cleaning on my own every Saturday morning. I clean anything that needs to be cleaned. Sometimes, I end up arguing with my siblings whenever they just put their things anywhere in the house, and whenever they don’t put the things they get to where they are placed because I don’t like a messy surroundings. My close classmates in high school even said that I am an organized person because they see my things inside my school bag in order. I somehow agree because even the things that I will be using and wearing for tomorrow’s class are already prepared at night. I like it when I see my things organized, as well as the things inside our house. It makes me focus and help me think clearly when doing my school tasks and assignments if our house is clean.

As a student, I am responsible, especially when it comes to my studies, and this is the trait that I have that I am proud of because, although I am not intelligent, I was still able to submit all the bulk tasks ahead of time and pass all the subjects. My teachers said that I am a trustworthy and obedient student. In fact, those were my awards when I was in elementary and high school. I am also punctual because I don’t like being late. Honestly, when there is a class, I actually wake up as early as 3 a.m. I also don’t like to be absent even if I am not feeling well because I am afraid that I might be left behind with the lessons.

As much as I can, I am always trying my best in everything I do for the betterment of myself. 

Comments