On becoming a Teacher

  
 

       Being a teacher was actually my first choice, but before I enrolled in this program, I asked myself first if I was really certain about this path and if I was really into teaching because I indeed know how hard it is to be a teacher; it takes a lot of courage, passion and dedication.

At home, they sometimes sacrifice their time with their family; they have more time in school and with their students than their kids and families. When they go home, they still bring home the unfinished task from school and work on it, like checking students’ outputs. They usually sleep late at night, preparing for their lessons and the things needed in their lesson for the next day. They basically work all year. They always have busy schedules.

At school, they deal with diverse students, and some of them are naughty and hardheaded, and that’s one of the challenging part of being a teacher. Moreover, they would be teaching not just for an hour but for more than an hour. Inside the classroom, they’re not merely a teacher but also a parent, a nurse, a counselor, etc. Aside from these, they also have personal problems that we don’t know about, but they would still appear in school to teach.

Undeniably, being a teacher is not easy, especially as an elementary teacher. But I chose this program because I want to empower and impart the knowledge and life lessons that I have learned and will learn to the children. Although I do not yet have the skills and qualities of a teacher, these can be learned and acquired throughout my college career. As a member of the community, I see that one of the most common problems in every community is poverty, and that's because of the lack of education. That’s why I want to be a teacher someday because I want to help educate the people in the community, especially the younger ones. I want to be part in nurturing their minds and shaping their future. I want to help them understand the truth and facts of life and the reality of the world.

Being a teacher is the noblest profession. There were no other professions without teachers. I know that to be a teacher, you must have the highest level of knowledge, skills, expertise, and morals, but I am eager to learn those things because I want to be part of that so-called noblest profession someday.

Comments